Other Apps to Install
- Installed Wire desktop via these instructions
- Download and install Signal
- Install Ricochet from its website -- not sure the procude here. You can also look in your distro's GUI app store, though check version.
- Install Tor Browser (forget how exactly I did this-- maybe Tor Browser Launcher? From POP store?)
- To install OnionShare, I followed the "Ubuntu" instructions on their download page and added their PPA. (The version in the POP store was 0.9 -- too old for me.)
- Install Chromium via the POP app store if you like.
- Install Standard Notes app from their site
Standard Notes .desktop file
Put this in
[Desktop Entry] Type=Application Name=StandardNotes # Exec=/home/$USER/standard-notes/standard-notes-2.3.8-x86_64.AppImage Exec=/home/$USER/standard-notes/standard-notes-*-x86_64.AppImage Icon=/home/$USER/standard-notes/standard-notes.png Terminal=false Categories=Office;Notes;
Ricochet .desktop file
Download a Ricochet icon as a png if necessary.
Then put this in
[Desktop Entry] Type=Application Name=Ricochet Exec=/home/sschlinkert/other_apps/ricochet/ricochet Icon=/home/sschlinkert/other_apps/ricochet/ricochet.png Terminal=false Categories=Network;InstantMessaging;Internet